Al Williams Business Intelligence Blog
Hi Folks, I'm happy to announce that I will once again be presenting a number of sessions at IBIS 2019 in Carlsbad, CA, from June 16-21, 2019.
Prior to being a presenter, I attended this conference to learn more about all aspects of BusinessObjects. At this conference, the focus is on learning and networking. Even when attending as a presenter, I take every opportunity I have to sit in on sessions by other speakers to continue to learn tips and tricks and best practices for BusinessObjects.
For the second year, IBIS will have a Tableau track. I will be presenting Tableau sessions on a number of topics including:
- Connecting to Data
- Data Blending
- Using Multiple Data Sources with joins
- Parameters, Calculated Fields
- Table Calculations
- Level of Detail Calculations
- Custom Background Maps
- Dashboard Best Practices
- Dashboard Annotations
- Dashboard Actions
- Understanding Tableau Server
- Automating Tableau Workbook bursting and delivery
- Integration Opportunities with Tableau and BusinessObjects using InfoBurst
In addition, I'll be presenting be a full-day pre-conference session:
This full-day pre-conference seminar will focus on the Tableau functionality InfoBurst (referred to as
INTENDED AUDIENCE: Those wishing to gain a working knowledge of
- Companies using both BOBJ and Tableau to meet their reporting/data visualization needs.
- Companies using Tableau with a requirement to automatically burst and distribute Tableau workbooks in several formats.
- Connecting BusinessObjects Universes from Tableau Desktop
- Designing Tableau Dashboards with Web Intelligence Data
- Scheduling & Refreshing WebI data for Tableau dashboards
- Bursting Tableau workbooks
- Scheduling Tableau extracts based in events
I hope to see you there.